Our History

The History of Crawford Merz

The history of Crawford Merz is all in the name. Since its founding in 1886, it has been managed and cared for by Professionals in the commercial construction industry, ensuring a long life for Crawford Merz as the oldest commercial construction company in the Twin Cities.

2014

2014

Todd Hayes purchased Crawford Merz Anderson and rebranded to Crawford Merz Construction. The Crawford Merz team continuously dedicates its hard work and outstanding skill set to help build our brand to be the finest in the Twin Cities.

Read more

2006

2006

The Anderson Family joined the company, rebranding to Crawford Merz Anderson ultimately developing and improving our legacy and mission to better suit our company.

Read more

1951

1951

Ray purchased the company growing our legacy. He instilled hard work, dedication and honesty into his employees while he grow the company and its legacy

Read more

1932

Ray Merz joined the firm and became an important aspect of our team. Ray instilled hard work, dedication and honesty in to his employees while he grew the company and its legacy.

Read more

1886

1886

Jack Crawford founded the company with the intention to be the finest commercial construction company in the Twin Cities

Read more